Your success is our business. The Seattle Film Institute Acting for Film Program provides thorough, rigorous training designed to develop the student's individual talent and provide the tools, experience and discipline necessary for a successful film acting career.
Brian “Stewie” is currently enrolled in our Acting for Film program at SFI. He was cast in Better Than Love, a Hollywood producing now shooting in the Seattle area. “This was my first professional auction,” Stewie says. “I was actually more excited than nervous. The work we did in Heidi’s class gave me the confidence I needed — I knew what to expect and how to handle myself. I focused on the reading, using the skills I developed in the program at SFI. The reading went great and getting cast for the first time in a professional film is phenomenal.”
Through an integrated, project-based curriculum, students expand their emotional range and achieve the ability to communicate truthfully within a scene. Over the course of the program, students investigate real-world experience and professional technique needed to perform at the highest artistic level while negotiating the technical demands and logistical concerns of a film shoot.
Substantial tuition grant support is available for the Fall 2015 session. Grants will be awarded on the basis of interview and audition.
Auditions will be held Thursday, June 25 (5 p.m. - 9 p.m.), Friday, June 26, (2 p.m. - 6 p.m.), and Saturday, June 27 (1 p.m. - 5 p.m.) at our school.
To schedule your audition appointment, contact Chris Blanchett at 206.568.4387 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Faculty comprised of working professionals
• Students work on a variety of projects in multiple formats (film, HD, digital video)
• Performance showcases with industry professionals
• Opportunities to network and collaborate with SFI Filmmaking and Producing students
• Acting and scene study
• Acting for the camera
• Audition technique
• Script analysis
• Voice and speech
• Movement for actors
• Set protocol
• The Business of film acting
Students graduate with:
• Professional quality head shots, demo reel and resume
• Audition workshops with professional casting directors
• Professional quality capstone projects of up to feature length